Apples are one of the top cholesterol-lowering foods. They’re also full of nutrients and antioxidants, so an apple a day really could help keep the doctor away. Here are some cholesterol-friendly suggestions to include more in your daily diet:-
- Grate into porridge with cinnamon – recipe here.
- Add chopped pieces of apple to muesli.
- Bake them – see this recipe by ‘Healthy Aperture’.
- Make an apple and mango smoothie – recipe here.
- Eat chopped apple with yoghurt and almonds.
- If you have time, try this apple quinoa oatmeal.
- Add chopped apples to your salads.
- Make this apple and avocado guacamole.
- Add grated apple to low-fat coleslaw.
- Add this apple chutney to your sandwiches.
- Try this chicken waldorf salad.
- Make these apple & almond butter rounds.
- Eat chopped apple with blueberry yoghurt.
- Make these cute turtle apple snacks.
- Eat slices of apple dipped in peanut butter.
- Make this cottage cheese & apple dip to go with fruit slices.
- Try these healthy these mini caramel apples.
- Eat this kale with apple & mustard as a side dish.
- Try these chicken and apple patties.
- Eat these marinated grilled apples with chicken.
- Slow cook with chicken and sweet potato – see this recipe.
- Try this roasted trout with apples and pesto recipe.
- Try these almond butter & apple nachos.
- Make this low fat apple cake.
- Chop up with other fruits to make a fruit salad.
- Try this healthy apple crumble.
For more cholesterol-friendly recipes and tips on how to reduce cholesterol naturally, click here.