This is going to sound like the weirdest combination of ingredients, but it really does taste good, and is soooooo filling! And the best thing is it contains 5 of the top cholesterol-reducing foods (oats, chickpeas, avocados, seeds and nuts), making it the perfect cholesterol-friendly snack.
- Makes 2 oatcakes (1 serving)
- Preparation time: 4 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 oatcakes
- 2 tbsp houmous
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Maple syrup or honey
- Salt to taste
- Spread the houmous on the oatcakes.
- Place the sliced avocado on top.
- Add a dollop of tahini to the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top.
- Drizzle some maple syrup or honey over the top.
- Add salt to taste. And that’s it!